Scott Love is a credentialed expert on the topic of employee loyalty with over two decades of high-level headhunting experience. With empirical research based on tens of thousands of conversations with professionals, he gives managers the secrets to keeping high performers, and keeping them happy. As a former Navy leadership trainer and Annapolis graduate, he gives managers ideas on how to increase employee retention, boost morale and performance, and attract high achievers.
Scott is a published author with his newest book, Why They Follow: How to Lead with Positive Influence, a business writer, a professional keynote speaker, and has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Selling Power Magazine, and dozens of business trade journals and newspapers around the globe.
As a leadership trainer when serving as a naval officer, he trained thousands of officers, senior enlisted and civil service workers on progressive leadership concepts. Scott currently recruits partner-level attorneys for international law firms. He is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy and lives in Washington, DC. He is a watercolor artist, an amateur stand-up comedian, and is married with two children, one hamster, and one invisible dog.
- When people leave it is always for emotional reasons. @scottlove
- Employees need recognition for what they do. @scottlove
- The key is for managers to lead in a way that their employee connects meaning to work. @scottlove
- The way to keep your employees is by connecting global corporate vision to each individual on the team. @scottlove
- As a manager, my job is to help you do as well as you can here and give you tools so that if and when you leave it is going to improve your career. @scottlove
- Sometimes the best thing you can do is give people space. @scottlove
- As long as you have the right people in place they will accomplish the mission. @scottlove
- People don’t leave companies, people leave people. @rory_vaden
- There is not a shortage of good candidates, they’re just busy working. @scottlove
- A lot of times we put too much emphasis on just pay. @rory_vaden
- Meaning comes from the service we provide to people around us. @rory_vaden
- Vision is not academic that checks boxes it is emotional statement that creates pictures in the minds of people. @rory_vaden
- What is a company other than a collection of people? @rory_vaden
- If you have the ability to move people emotionally you have the ability to be a great leader. @rory_vaden
- Great leadership is about moving people emotionally. @rory_vaden
To connect with Scott, get your copy of Why They Follow: How to Lead with Positive Influence and more on employee loyalty visit: scottlove.com
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Rory Vaden of Southwestern Consulting every Wednesday. The show is regularly in the Top 25 of Business News Podcasts, has listeners from all around the world and shares “insights and inspiration to help you take action.” Each week Rory shares ideas on how to increase your self-discipline and make better use of your time to help you achieve your goals in life. He also interviews special expert guests and thought leaders. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!