Recently a close friend of mine asked me the question “What do I do if I don’t have a specific goal? What will it mean for my life if I don’t have clarity about what I’m supposed to be doing? What if I’m still searching for meaning?”
It’s been said that if you find your WHY you’ll discover the HOW. But for a lot of people they have a hard time finding their WHY. So here are 20 WHAT questions that might help you find your WHY.
- What amount of money do you want to make?
- What places would you like to visit in the world?
- What type of job would you like to do each day?
- What would your perfect day look like in terms of how you spent your time and what you were doing?
- What are the characteristics of your perfect spouse?
- What do you want to look like?
- What do you want to give back to the world?
- What do you want to be known for?
- What are the things you believe in most?
- What people can help you get to where you want to go?
- What are the things you would like to have?
- What are the most exciting things you’d like to try?
- What events would you like to go to?
- What type of house do you want to have?
- What people would you like to meet?
- What amount of money do you want to have at retirement?
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- What things would have to happen in order to accomplish that huge dream?
- What do you want people to think of when they think of you?
- What people do you want to spend most of your time with?
It is important to note that a fulfilling purpose isn’t a prerequisite of action but it is a catalyst for it. Spend time answering these questions however and you will likely find your WHY and that should get you moving to action quickly!
You’re welcome to answer these questions below in the comments section. Have fun!
See you in the stairwell,
Take the Stairs – Success means doing things you don’t want to do