Matt Curry, who is diagnosed with A.D.D., successfully built Curry’s Auto Service and ultimately became one of the largest independent auto repair chains in the Washington, D.C. area with annual sales close to $20 Million. In 2013, he sold Curry’s to a publicly traded $1 billion corporation.
He has worked in the automotive aftermarket business for over 30 years. He started changing tires when he was 15 and worked his way into management, overseeing seven automotive stores for several different companies, doubling and tripling sales and profits at every store he managed.
- Having A.D.D. gives me the opportunity to create unique solutions to problems. @matthybrid1
- I started my business with $103,000, $35,000 in loans and 13 credit cards and paid it all off in two years. @matthybrid1
- In the beginning, be prepared to do it all and anything you have to do to make it work. @matthybrid1
- Hire people that compliment you the most and are good at what you’re not. @matthybrid1
- Be tolerant of risk. When you jump to achieve any goal there will be risk involved. @matthybrid1
- If you have expertise and a plan, you can achieve anything you want. @matthybrid1
- Be blunt. Be respectful and kind, but always be blunt. @matthybrid1
- You need to have policies and procedures that are scalable and repeatable in your business. @matthybrid1
- It’s not always good news, but it’s always good information. @matthybrid1
- Problem solving is the key to entrepreneurship. You will always have problem to solve. @matthybrid1
- Empower your employees to be problem solvers. @matthybrid1
- You get your best customers by how you solve their problems. @matthybrid1
The Action Catalyst show is a weekly podcast that Rory Vaden of Southwestern Consulting™ hosts every Wednesday, which is regularly in the Top 25 of Business News Podcasts and has listeners from all around the world. The show shares “insights and inspiration to help you take action”. Each week Rory shares ideas on how to increase your self-discipline and make better use of your time to help you achieve your goals in life. He also interviews one very special expert guest and thought leader every week. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!