Jim Steeg – Jim Steeg, former Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the San Diego Chargers (from 2004 to 2010) where he was in charge of all business operations for the team. Before that, he spent 35 years with the NFL and 26 years in charge of the Special Events Department (1979–2004). Under Steeg’s leadership, the Super Bowl expanded from a championship football game into a week-long extravaganza.
He is currently a noted sports business, stadium and events consultant, advising companies on a variety of subjects, including business ventures, strategic planning, technology, media and community relations, marketing programs and events plans for sports leagues, organizations, conferences, teams and events; stadium operations; fan enhancement; stadium physical structure, and organizational structure
- Things don’t always go as planned. Let them evolve as they may. @jimsteeg
- Some things happen by chance and others are thought out. But you have to role with the changes as they come. @jimsteeg
- Exposure, legacy, and awareness is what makes the Super Bowl half time performance such an honor. @jimsteeg
- What makes the Super Bowl so iconic is the time of year it’s set in. @jimsteeg
- Package your business or event in a way that makes people/businesses want to come to you and ask to be apart of it. @jimsteeg
- Selling isn’t what it was 30 years ago. Now it’s about developing product lines of real quality and increasing customer experience. @jimsteeg
- Over time, product lines change and so do the places you can sell them. Be flexible enough to anticipate this. @jimsteeg
- How can you take a customer’s experience with you and make it better? @jimsteeg
- You don’t have to pull money from people. You’ll often have it given to you if you’re doing the right thing. @jimsteeg
- How can you create memories for your clients and prospects? @Rory_Vaden
- A brand is simply what people think of when they think of you. @Rory_Vaden
If you are interested in learning more about Jim, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Action Catalyst show is a weekly podcast that Rory Vaden of Southwestern Consulting™ hosts every Wednesday, which is regularly in the Top 25 of Business News Podcasts and has listeners from all around the world. The show shares “insights and inspiration for movers and shakers in the world of business”™. Each week Rory shares ideas on how to increase your self-discipline and make better use of your time to help you achieve your goals in life. He also interviews one very special expert guest and thought leader every week. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!