David Burkus is a best-selling author, an award-winning podcaster, and associate professor of management at Oral Roberts University. His latest book, Under New Management, challenges the traditional and widely accepted principles of business management and proves that they are outdated, outmoded, or simply don’t work — and reveals what does. He’s delivered keynotes to the leaders of Fortune 500 companies and the future leaders of the United States Naval Academy. David is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review and Inc.
- “Great leaders don’t innovate the product, they innovate the factory.” – Dane Atkinson
- A boost in moral happens when mutual trust is formed. @davidburkus
- We are living in a 24/7 World and it is killing us. @davidburkus
- Are we overloading our people with too much communication? @davidburkus
- Leaders should be in the business of elimination. @davidburkus
- What things block your people from doing their best work? How do I eliminate them? @davidburkus
- “The future is already here, it’s just not evenly distributed.” – William Gibson
- As a company, don’t neglect the small things. @davidburkus
- If we don’t challenge our thinking, we are in danger of going extinct. @rory_vaden
- Ultimately, your not-to-do list is more significant than your to-do list. @rory_vaden
- You can’t use today’s time-management challenges with yesterday’s time-management thinking. @rory_vaden
- The best thing you can do as a leader is to keep learning, growing, working and serving. @rory_vaden
Find out more at WorkSmarterSummit.com/Vaden
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Rory Vaden of Southwestern Consulting every Wednesday. The show is regularly in the Top 25 of Business News Podcasts, has listeners from all around the world and shares “insights and inspiration to help you take action.” Each week Rory shares ideas on how to increase your self-discipline and make better use of your time to help you achieve your goals in life. He also interviews special expert guests and thought leaders. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!