Lt. Col. (ret.) Rob ‘Waldo’ Waldman – The Wingman – is a professional leadership speaker, executive coach, and author of the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller Never Fly Solo. He teaches organizations how to build trusting, revenue producing relationships with their employees, partners, and customers while sharing his experiences as a combat decorated F-16 fighter pilot and businessman.
He is a highly experienced combat veteran with over 2,650 flight hours and sixty-five real world combat missions, having flown both in Iraq enforcing the “No-Fly Zone” and in Yugoslavia during Operation Allied Force in 1999. Some of his military honors include five Air Medals, two Aerial Achievement Medals, four Air Force Commendation Medals, and two Meritorious Service Medals.
Waldo is a graduate of the U.S Air Force Academy and also holds an MBA with a focus on Organizational Behavior. He is an inductee into the Professional Speaker Hall of Fame, a prestigious award that honors speakers who have reached the top echelon of platform excellence, and has been bestowed on less than 190 speakers worldwide. He is also a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and his clients include Hewlett Packard, Verizon Wireless, New York Life, Siemens, The Denver Broncos, and Johnson & Johnson.
In addition to his speaking business, Waldo is also founder and President of The Wingman Foundation, a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to build funds and awareness for soldiers, veterans and their families in need.
He’s been featured on Fox & Friends, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, The Harvard Business Review, Success Magazine, INC. Magazine, and Business Week.
- Your passion has to be stronger than your fear. @waldowaldman
- If what you’re doing doesn’t get you out of bed, abort immediately. @waldowaldman
- When you know people need you, you find meaning in your mission and don’t give up. @waldowaldman
- I won’t allow my fear to keep me from doing what I need to do and helping people. @waldowaldman
- A wingman is someone you feel comfortable going to for help and are confident in their ability to help you. @waldowaldman
- Usually help from a wingman is a proverbial slap across the face. @waldowaldman
- A wingman will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. @waldowaldman
- You need people who will truly speak the truth to us. @waldowaldman
- A good wingman will point out potential threats to you and you have to take action. @waldowaldman
- You have to trust what your wingman is telling you because they can see the potential threats you cannot. @waldowaldman
- Your work ethic is your most important asset. @waldowaldman
- I would much rather fly with someone who is prepared than someone who I like hanging out with. @waldowaldman
- Plan for the worst, expect the best. @waldowaldman
- We have to overcome the things in life that are dragging us down. @waldowaldman
- Who are your wingmen? @rory_vaden
- A wingman is someone you have to trust. @rory_vaden
- A wingman is someone who compliments your strengths. @rory_vaden
- There will always be a chance to bail; find someone who is loyal. @rory_vaden
- You know you’ve found a wingman when they’re really looking out for you. @rory_vaden
A special gift for The Action Catalyst Podcast listeners: Visit www.yourwingman.com/nfs and use password: Wingman for a free copy of Waldo’s audiobook Never Fly Solo!
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Rory Vaden of Southwestern Consulting every Wednesday. The show is regularly in the Top 25 of Business News Podcasts, has listeners from all around the world and shares “insights and inspiration to help you take action.” Each week Rory shares ideas on how to increase your self-discipline and make better use of your time to help you achieve your goals in life. He also interviews special expert guests and thought leaders. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!